Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New Start... Again...

To my many adoring followers(all 9 of you), never fear I have not died or fallen off the face of the earth, I have simply moved 1000 miles and had no internet. Needless to say I have been quite busy and have had several adventures. So just a heads up this is probably going to be a very very long post.  How shall i begin? I vote chronologically.

We have left biloxi MS. Thank heaven, I hated that place. I am however very sad to be going our separate ways with a lot of great Marines hopefully we can meet up again at some point.  The drive from Mississippi to South Carolina isn't terrible its quite pretty actually.Tthere are a few places we drove through that I am pretty sure is the winter home for big foot, said big foot could have been in the trees doing yoga and I never would have seen him or her cuz the growth is so thick.

We arrived! To a super cute 1950s era house in beautiful Beaufort, South Carolina. Its 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. One of my favorite things about it is that we have a huge fenced yard so Zy can run around like a crazy dog. We also have a cute screened porch and several old growth trees in our yard. I  love to watch Zy try his hardest to catch the squirrels. On a side note, I have decided that there is definitely enough squirrels here that if they ever mobilized and decided to attack, we would be Screwed! There are like a million of them. Being the hippy that I am, I am quite pleased to announce that I have already built a compost bin, I will very soon be putting in my veggie garden and I've painted almost every room. I have a terrible phobia of white walls. Also I think I finally have all my crap that has been spread out all over the great state of Utah for the last year and a half, things included in that are my holiday decor, and my pottery wheel and kiln. Don't forget I did warn you that I am a hippy about 2 sentences ago.

Zack has started his job with his unit here. He likes everyone thus far, he is kinda low man on the totem pole right now but thats pretty much standard at any new place. The hours here are a bit longer but what can ya do. He is on cloud nine right now due to us finally getting his motorcycle and his weight set here. Typical Marine work out and go fast what else could he need.
see the focus in his face, he is watching the birds

We went to the beach for the first time, its lovely it reminds me of the Oregon coast but slightly warmer. Its currently jellyfish breading season and because of that there are huge dead jellies every where, they are roughly the size of a soccer ball. A really great thing about the beaches here is they allow dogs so we are able to take Zy, he adores the beach. We also went fishing!! We love fishing, actually we hate fishing what we love is catching. Unfortunately we haven't caught anything yet. But we are just learning the area so thats to be expected.
i found this crab eating a dead jelly, sav calls this my critter face.

Pretty much we love this place thus far.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting an update! I don't remember if I left you our blog address...so it's gavonica if I didn't :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha THE CRITTER FACE!!!!!!! so glad you are posting again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for leaving that for me Monica!

    Sav i am glad i am posting again to! yay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat, love reading the update on your family. Did you hear we'll be adding another Woolsey girl to the family, her name is Hayden and she'll be making her debut May 12th. Zoey and AJ & I of course are so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kitty kat! I am so glad to hear that you are alive and well. I am totally jealous of the beach you live near, but NOT jealous of those jelly fish. YUCK! I would be sooo scared to get in the water for fear of getting stung. Also, post pictures of your house!! I wanna see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danielle- i didn't you were having another girl! i am so excited!! Give AJ and Zoe a hug for me! love you guys!

    Carlie- the jelly fish are gross but at the same time rather fascinating. I will post picture of my house soon its not quite put together yet.

    ReplyDelete