Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day... I Guess...

I didn't even realize it was St. Patrick's day until I got on Facebook an everyone was talking about being pinched and not being pinched, at first I was confused, I don't feel like it should be far enough into the year to be St Patties yet. This year is going by so crazy fast I cant even keep up. As I sit here in my warm bed refusing to get out till the house warms up a bit, I was thinking about St. Patties days past and what they consisted of. Most people here St. Patrick's and think about 3 things the color green, leprechauns, an drinking.. very very heavily. Though I do have an appreciation for a good glass of Guinness. But my personal experiences are very different and I grew very home sick thinking about it. St. Patrick's day in my house consisted of my moms amazing corned beef and cabbage, which is a traditional Irish meal, and lots of family and wonderful friends, and try as I might I just cannot seem to cook that meal as good as my mom. So tonight instead of trying to make corned beef and cabbage and failing and missing my mom more then I already do, I think Zack and I will have pizza, that traditional Irish right? Its so funny looking back when I was younger and in in Jr. High and High School, i was so excited to move out and get away not have parents to tell me what to do and blah blah blah. Now i would consider killing just to get a plane ticket home because i miss my family so bad. Don't get me wrong I love traveling and living new places but just like Dorthy said there is no place like home. All right there is your cheesy blog post for the day, now we have that taken care of we can move on.

Just a quick update on things. Zack and I will be moving to Beaufort, South Carolina on the 7th-8th of April. My jewelry website should be up and fully running with in the next week, you can get on and look at it now but you cant buy anything yet the web address is www.cpjewelery.com so please feel free to get on there and look and tell me what you think, constructive criticism is always appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment