Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Never a Dull Moment. . .

This morning I was woken up by the loudest thunder i had ever heard. I am deathly afraid of thunder, go a head make fun of me but I am an have been for as long as I can remember.

First, a little back story before I explain my very interesting morning/day. Once upon a time I was a little girl in beautiful American Fork, UT and there was a really really bad storm and I had very recently seen the movie Twister and was quite worried about tornadoes. So me being the worried and inquisitive child that I was I asked my mom " is there going to be a tornado?" and my mom knowing that we lived in Utah and that tornadoes pretty much never happen in Utah said to me "no Catherine you don't have to worry about tornadoes unless the sky turns a very strange and obvious green color" to which I replied pointing at the sky "like that mommy?" my mom then turned and looked at the sky and very calmly said "yes Catherine exactly like that" then we very quickly drove home and hid in the basement for a while.

Now for the current story, as I am laying in bed this morning woken up very suddenly by very loud thunder, I open my curtain and looked at the sky to find the sky that wonderful and very scary green color. At this point I panic mildly and grab my computer an pull up the weather and much to my surprise there not only a flood warning there is a tornado warning! The breaking story as I log on the internet is that a tornado had touched down about 7 miles east of my house. so at this point i grab my 72 hour kit an my puppy and kitty and hide in the bathroom. About this point Zack calls me tells me whats going on with him and I report whats going on with me. He was locked down and didn't really know what was going on out side except that it was bad weather so I was giving him updates. All in all we are OK but it was actually really scary. Like we always say there is never a dull moment.

1 comment:

  1. Scary!! I am glad that everything is good now, and that the tornado didn't come to your house. I guess living near the beach has its downfalls after all. :)

    ReplyDelete